Saturday 5 July 2014

Wrath of Ashardolan

Mighty Kyle enjoys playing X-Wing, SAGA and the odd game of Warhammer. He's also up for playing games such as Drake and Doctor Who. However, it's more of a struggle to encourage my daughter Erin to participate in what she sees as pure geekdom. That said she does enjoy Talisman - and when I say Talisman, I means 2nd edition Talisman. Hmmm.

 

Unfortunately The Commander in Chief isn't fond of playing games that take 4 or more hours to play (try playing Talisman with all of the expansions & advanced characters...). I have therefore been on the lookout for a Talisman like game that can be played in a relatively short period of time. After a bit of research here's what I decided on.

 

 

It's a sort of simplified Dungeon Crawler based on the D&D universe. As it happens both Erin and the Commander in Chief were out with friends so the first game was just me and Mighty Kyle. We viewed this as a learning game though, so I'll post a more thorough review of the game another time. The game was much (much!) simpler than Talisman but we both had fun and Kyle definitely wants to play again.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment